Garba and Dandiya Song List- Groove, Twirl, and clap to the famous Hindi and Gujrati Beats!
Posted on October 16, 2020 by Ghoomophiro
Navratri is a famous Indian Festival that signifies the 9 days of Goddess Ambe Pooja, followed by Garba and Dandiya celebrations. Celebrations in Gujarat and Maharashtra differ slightly from the other parts of the country. It is captivating to watch the people of all age groups dressed up in traditional Attires in complete Gujarati style, i.e., women in Ghagras and the men wear famous kediyu dhoti-kurta.
Garba and Dandiya’s Festivities have a different aura as people participate in groups to groove on foot-tapping dance hits that prevail the real essence of Dandiya and Garba. You might also be gathering your favorite Bollywood and Gujrati tracklist to start dancing with full enthusiasm and pomp. Let’s read out the trending tracks that can keep you going on their beats for the 9 enthralling Navratri nights!
What is Garba and Dandiya?
Originated from Gujarat, these two popular dance forms have gained enormous recognition across national, international borders. After the 9 day battle among Goddess Durga and Mahishasura, the demon king in which the Goddess procured a signifying victory, this festival came into existence. It is mainly the victory of good over evil and how positive vibes can and claps destroy the negativity around to purify and start fresh.
Garba is a popular dance traditionally performed with an earthen pot (Garbo), and a lamp inside is also known as a ‘Garbha Deep.’ It signifies the fetus in the womb (Garbo), where the ultimate divinity resides. The thought of keeping it in the center and dancing around in circular movements symbolizes the movement of death and life, circling the divine mother that is invincible and unmoved.
Moving to the celebration part, the Garba costume is a luminous, sparkling, and colorful outfit, including a Choli, Chaniya, and a wonderfully embellished dupatta. Mirrorwork and gracefully done embroidery in their multihued attire make the aura all the more pulsating and lively. Even the men Kediyu having a full sleeve kurta with frock like patterns at the waist along with kafni pajamas( Pants that taper at the bottom) look vivacious adorning a Gujarati Turban over it.
Dandiya dance varies slightly from the authentic Garba and is more performance-oriented, where people twirl to the striking beats of table and dholak. It is a splendid way to celebrate the strength of Goddess Durga and is also famous as ‘The Sword Dance.’ The metallic clangs of Dandiya sticks surround the ambiance with a majestic aura that leaves no hearts and no feet aloof from making new moves. It’s a great dance form full of energy, rhythm, and performers prepare for the whole year to participate in Garba Dandiya competitions that reward the best ones.
Difference between Garba and Dandiya
Garba is more of a devotional dance where conventionally, women perform clap dance on bhajans and chants’ tunes while doing Aarti of the Goddess Durga. Dandiya, on the other hand, is a mega celebration event where folks mesmerize to immerse themselves in the divine festivity of Navratri.
Above all, both the dance forms add stars to the Navratri festival’s festivity that brings love, devotion, and togetherness in humanity for nine days. People even keep fast for 9 long days and still participate in the dance celebrations every evening with full enthusiasm. The grandeur and resplendent of the Navratri festival remains incomplete without enjoying these art forms.
Popular Bollywood songs for Garba- Dandiya Celebration
Let’s ponder over the trending Hindi songs that must be a part of your Garba Playlist.
- Chogada Tara from Love Ratri- For those who wish to move on some modern Dandiya beats, this is an ideal pick from the movie ‘Love Ratri.’ Asees Kaur and Darshan Raval are the singers who enjoy a blend of Gujrati music and Hindi lyrics with perfection. It proclaims the love emotion and peps up the dancers to move on the beats of this new Navratri Anthem.
- Kamariya from ‘Mitron’- It is yet another fascinating Navratri-themed song where actors Jackky Bhagnani and Kritika Kamra flutter their feet amazingly. This is another celebration tune sung by Darshan Raval, and a Hip Hop mix in it adds new charm for the new age Garba lovers. A modern song with a pinch of traditional Gujrati folk music must include a number for the Dandiya night.
- Nagada Sang Dhol from Goliyon Ki Rasleela Ramleela– Nagada sang Dhol Baje is yet another Navratri song sung by Shreya Ghoshal that can amplify the feel and rhythm of any Garba Raas song. Its beats are fast and yet precise to catch up with the movement and beats of this dance. Women often swing and twirl to this famous Hindi song on Garba night, and you can set yourself free to its music without thinking about what the people would judge about you.
- Shubhaarambh from Kai Po Che- While Bollywood has a treasure of many good Garba and Dandiya hit songs, we cannot miss the auspicious Shubhaarambh dance number from the thoughtful movie ‘Kai Po Che.’ With melodious beats and soul-soothing tunes, this song gives the traditional vibes of Navratri. Divya Kumar and Shruti Pathak are the singers who make it a perfect song for learning the necessary Garba steps.
- Dholi Taro Dhol Baje from Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam- An epic movie featuring Aishwarya Rai, Salman Khan, and Ajay Devgan is a delightful watch song Dholi Taro Dhol Baje has been a trending Dandiya dance number for several years. Every beat and melody of this song is so spirited that folks cannot avoid moving to this number’s beats.
Popular Gujarati Songs to enjoy the Garba and Dandiya.
Many Gujrati numbers have been a show starter and stopper for several years to take ahead the legacy of Gujrati tradition in music. The craze of the famous Dandiya number ‘Sanedo Sanedo’ is a sheer Navratri Anthem that every person loves to move at. These songs have a different fan base in Gujarat and Maharashtra, and people cannot stop themselves from shaking legs to the rhythm of these authentic and classy dance numbers. Here is a list that you must download to pep up for the upcoming Dandiya Nights and Garba Raas:
- Kukda Tari Boli
- Dholida Dhol Dheemo
- Tara Via Shyam
- Pankhida Tu Udi Jaje
- Avo To Ramvane
- Odhani Odhu
- Kesariyo Rang
- Ramto Bhamto Jay
- Ek Var Bolu
- Mahendi Te Vavi
Pep up for the Dandiya Nights!
These are not just the songs but also the flavor to this festival, and Navratri celebrations remain incomplete without these tracks. If you also love to follow these mesmerizing iconic songs’ beats and rhythm, get the list on your phone and get ready for the event night. After all, it’s all about the fun and joy that you experience while being with a group of your friends and family. Go ahead and get ready for the amazing dance fun and enthralling celebrations of Navratri that awaits you!