Another lockdown in Maharashtra
Posted on April 5, 2021 by Ghoomophiro
Due to the sudden rise in the number of positive cases in the state, the government of Maharashtra has declared another lockdown. In order to lessen the spread of the infection, a stricter weekend lockdown has been imposed in the state. On Sunday, the state recorded more than half a lakh positive cases and more than 11000 reported in Mumbai only.
Until April 30, the state has imposed Break the Chain Restrictions. Such an imposition includes night curfews and a total weekend lockdown. Very soon, another set of weekday restrictions during the day shall be imposed and announced.
The new restrictions include :
1. All restaurants, theatres, multiplexes to remain closed
2. Weekends to have complete lockdown
3. Public and private transport to continue on with its service but standing passengers in buses and outstation trains wont be allowed. Auto rickshaws to carry only two passengers
4. Throughout the day and night curfew, Section 144 to be implemented
5. Without any valid reason, no one to get outside their home in between 8 PM to 7 AM
6. In between 8PM to 7AM, beaches, parks and other public places to remain closed
7. Malls, theatres, multiplexes, swimming pools, gyms and market places to remain closed until April 30
8. All the religious places of worship to remain closed for visitors, except for the staffs and priests
9. Restaurants serviceable for only parcels and takeaway in between 7AM to 8PM.
The government has made it clear that the residential societies with more than five active cases shall be marked as a containment zone and there shall be no entries from the outside.