Quarantine rules for arrival and departure through major domestic airports!
Posted on July 15, 2020 by Ghoomophiro
Passengers are anxious to travel through domestic flights but are skeptical about the guidelines and latest amendments in quarantine rules. Popular airports like Bengaluru and Mumbai have come up with the list of airport quarantine regulations amidst the COVID-19 scenario in the country.
Bengaluru Airport quarantine guidelines- A checklist for every traveler!
Karnataka Government has made a stringent 10-day lockdown at the six significant districts including Bengaluru Rural, Urban, Dakshina Kannada, Dharwad, Raichur, and Kalaburagi. While traveling or departing from Bengaluru, every traveler needs to register with the Seva Sindhu portal following a compulsory 14-day Quarantine.
New rules for domestic passengers traveling to Bengaluru:
- Travelers from any state including Maharashtra will need to undergo a 14 day home quarantine as per the norms of Karnataka Government.
- Registration with Seva Sindhu app is a must, and anyone failing to register would have to undergo the penalization according to section 51 (b) under The Disaster Management Act 2005 and sec. 188 of Indian Penal Code.
- Any COVID symptomatic needs to visit the dedicated hospital to proceed with further investigation. If the report tests negative, they need to stay quarantined for 14 days.
- Cab facilities available at the airport will follow complete sanitization and driver screening is mandatory before every trip.
- Transit passengers do not need a quarantine if they are not crossing the airport boundaries.
If you are a business traveler and getting back within 48 hours, here are the list of norms for you:
- Compulsory valid return flight ticket
- Must share complete information about the persons you want to meet during the stay in Karnataka state.
- No quarantine for business travelers
If you’re going to visit Bengaluru for a week to commence some business, and institutional quarantine of 48 hours is necessary. To avoid the COVID-19 test, the visitor must hold, and ICMR approved negative report not more than 48 hours old.
Mumbai airport quarantine rules- Checklist you must view before a visit!
After the domestic flight resumption, travelers are apprehensive about the travel norms that they need to follow before departing or on arrival at the Mumbai airport. Every state has a different set of standards that is creating a fuss amongst the commuters. This handy information of quarantine rules can ease down the journey for you.
For domestic travel to Mumbai
- While boarding a domestic flight to Mumbai, you need to undergo a 14-day quarantine for 14 days after the Airport exit.
- If your journey to Mumbai is for less than seven days, there would be no quarantine rules that you have to follow.
- For having any connecting flights through Mumbai Airport, the regulations of the destination state would be applicable.
- If you want to take a Vande Bharat Flight from Mumbai and are arriving at Mumbai airport from any domestic flight, you do not need to follow any quarantine. But it is essential to ensure that you are not exiting the airport premises during this period.
- Downloading the Aarogya Setu app in the phone and submission of a self-declaration form is essential on arrival.
- For a short trip to Mumbai, you can share all the necessary details with the relevant authorities for a hassle-free stay.
- Before the airport exit or before arrival, you need to undergo the thermal check-ups, and they would give you a hand stamp as well.
We have gathered a list of primary norms and guidelines that travelers need to follow as quarantine airport rules for Mumbai and Bengaluru. Our eyes are on what’s the next step of other state authorities to manage travel during COVID-19 with full safety!